Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 Happy Birthday America!

In Rawlins, WY (0 Miles) Off Day

I prepared the traditional “day off breakfast” on the camp stove: Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. By the way, Kim made me stand on the scales today, I have lost 10 pounds and caught a little grief for that. I have been eating like a horse, but I guess I have been working it off too. I guess more ice cream will have to be in my future…shucks! We ventured into town did a little grocery shopping and visited a historic Wyoming prison. That is right, the prison was run from 1912 to 1981 and is now a museum that they give tours and tell stories. It was fascinating and makes me want to stay out of prison!! In the evening, we attended a free concert in town. There are no fireworks in the area due to the hot and dry conditions. It was a restful day! We are ready to move on tomorrow.

 We visited the Old Wyoming State Pen.
 State Pen from the front
 Cell Block C-Kim looks a little worried
 30 prisoners at once, 10 shower heads, only cold water.
 Why is this nutcase happy to be behind bars?
 Ok, during meal time everyone face forward, you can only talk to the person on either side of you in a low whisper. If things start to get out of hand the guard in the back is holding a machine gun...no questions asked. Do you Got it?
 Gas Chamber.
The tour guide was excellent!
Gee not much room in there. You get a blanket, thin mattress and a blanket. If you start to misbehave, the start taking these items away. Eventually you will be sleeping on the concrete slab.







1 comment:

  1. There's always room for ice cream!! - Jane

    ReplyDelete